HOMEMADE MANGO FROOTI :
I always loved mango and mango juice was my favorite juice. Though in North India there is also a thick form of Mango juice known as aamras. There are very minimal ingredients required in this mango frooti making process. I have used Alphonso mangoes but you can also use mango of your choice. Taste may vary as per your choice of mango. One thing top note here is that you must taste the mango pulp before blending it. If the taste is sour then you may need to ad some sugar water otherwise normal water will be good.
So today, I will show you how to make mazaa /mango frooti at home with Alphonso mangoes with few basic ingredients
2 to 3 rajapuri ripe mango
3 to 4 tbsp sugar
3 to 4 tbsp lemon juice
Water as required
1. Wash and peel the rajapuri mangoes, chopped into pieces and discard the seeds.
2. Put the chopped mangoes in a pressure cooker, add one glass of water and close the lid. Turn on the flame and put the pressure cooker on it, boil it for 4-5 whistles on high flame. till mango cooks soft.
3. After 4-5 whistles, turn off the flame and let it cool down completely. Now Open the cooker after the steam is released..
4. Now shift all pure in big bowl from cooker, without adding water blend in to smooth paste..now add sugar and blend it again.
5. Now strain in one big bowl and remove the fiber part of mango,. after removing fiber part, add water as required. (approx 3 to 4 cup). And than after add lemon juice and mix it well. Cover it and put it in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
6. Now when u want serve/drink dis frooti Put some ice cubes in a glass and pour the frooti. Serve immediately ! This drink stays good for 3 to 4 days if refrigerated !
- Adjust the quantity of sugar and water as per taste and desired consistency. because The quantity of sugar depend upon the sweetness of mangoes so you can increase or decrease sugar accordingly. Taste mango pulp before adding water
- You can take any ripe mangoes to make frooti . but rajapuri is the best for making this frooti.
- Some recipes suggested equal quantity of ripe mango and raw mango. But if u want you can add 2 ripe and 1 raw it would be fine too.. Here i use only ripe mango ..